Let's Get Funding!
The Grants Development Office (GDO) is an academic support office within the University's Research, Economic Development & Graduate Education division (R-EDGE)
GDO provides information, guidance, and services to Cal Poly faculty, administrators, and senior staff engaged in extramurally funded research, curriculum development, and community service projects:
- to identify sources of funding;
- to counsel faculty on the preparation of competitive proposal narratives;
- to assist in the logistics of large-scale interdisciplinary proposals;
- to prepare budget proposals;
- to prepare required sponsors' forms and assurances;
- to liaise with appropriate human subjects, animal subjects, conflict of interest and environmental safety committees;
- to identify intellectual property issues; and
- to reproduce and deliver proposals.
GDO represents the University to sponsors in the preparation, delivery and revision of proposals for funding:
- to identify and interpret sponsors' guidelines and regulations; and
- to revise awards.
GDO coordinates with academic departments, colleges and centers:
- to inform of funding opportunities;
- to learn department and college funding priorities; to obtain institutional review and approvals for proposals;
- to maintain an archive of proposals and awards; and
- to provide reports on proposals and awards.
GDO coordinates with the Cal Poly Corporation:
- to ensure compliance with University, sponsor and Corporation policy on procedures for cost principles and contractual obligations.